Take the DSM-5 disorder quiz!
Below are the names of some psychological disorders. For each one, choose one of the following:
A. This is under formal consideration to be included as a new disorder in the DSM-5.
B. Somebody out there has suggested that this should be a disorder, but it is not part of the current proposal.
C. I made it up.
Answers will be posted in the comments section.
1. Factitious dietary disorder – producing, feigning, or exaggerating dietary restrictions to gain attention or manipulate others
2. Skin picking disorder – recurrent skin picking resulting in skin lesions
3. Olfactory reference syndrome – preoccupation with the belief that one emits a foul or offensive body odor, which is not perceived by others
4. Solastalgia – psychological or existential stress caused by environmental changes like global warming
5. Hypereudaimonia – recurrent happiness and success that interferes with interpersonal functioning
6. Premenstrual dysphoric disorder – disabling irritability before and during menstruation
7. Internet addiction disorder – compulsive overuse of computers that interferes with daily life
8. Sudden wealth syndrome – anxiety or panic following the sudden acquisition of large amounts of wealth
9. Kleine Levin syndrome – recurrent episodes of sleeping 11+ hours a day accompanied by feelings of unreality or confusion
10. Quotation syndrome – following brain injury, speech becomes limited to the recitation of quotes from movies, books, TV, etc.
11. Infracaninophilia – compulsively supporting individuals or teams perceived as likely to lose competitions
12. Acquired situational narcissism – narcissism that results from being a celebrity